NASHVILLE, TN — We invite professional, amateur, and emerging artists to submit an original, JAZZ INSPIRED, small 2D or 3D art work (no larger than 10” x 10”) for exhibition in the SMALL WORKS ART EXHIBIT & AUCTION to benefit the Nashville Jazz Workshop. Entry deadline is August 23, 2017.
The Small Works exhibition features original small art (up to 10” x 10”) made and donated by professional and emerging artists. It’s Small Art for a Big Cause!
The Small Works Art pieces will be seen via an on-line auction until the night of theNashville Jazz Workshop’s Jazzmania party, which takes place Saturday, October 14, 2017at The Factory in Franklin, 6-10 pm.
The proceeds from Jazzmania support the Nashville Jazz Workshop’s jazz education classes taught by world-class musicians, performances at the Jazz Cave by top local and visiting jazz artists, and special events in community and venues such as the Frist Center for the Visual Arts. This year’s guest jazz artist for the evening is Grammy-winning saxophonist Kirk Whalum, a longtime supporter of the Nashville Jazz Workshop and former Board member.
HOW TO SUBMIT ARTWORK
Complete artwork according to entry guidelines below. Complete entry form. All artwork must be accompanied by an entry form. Mail work or deliver to the Nashville Jazz Workshop, 1319 Adams Street, Nashville, TN 37208. Phone 615-242-5299. Deadline for submission is Augu
DOWNLOAD THE ENTRY FORM http://nashvillejazz.org/images/Small_Works2017_Entry_Form.pdf
• Open to artists 18 years and older worldwide.
• Art work should be Jazz inspired
• 2-D or 3-D, any medium, within 10x10x10” size
• If framed, work cannot exceed 10×10 inches including the frame. 3D work cannot exceed 10 inches in any dimension and must be able to sit on a table or hang on a wall.
• All works must be original in content, concept, and design
• Artwork must be suitable for all audiences
• Limit of 3 submissions per artist, no fees
• Each work must be accompanied by an entry form
• All artists who donate will receive two (2) free tickets to regular Nashville Jazz Workshop Snap on 2&4 performance, good for one (1) year.
• The Nashville Jazz Workshop reserves the right to not show any art work based on the above criteria.
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION IS AUGUST 23, 2017