The 2018 Volkswagen Passat 2.0T SE may not be the most sporty, flashy or trendy car out here but that’s ok because it still gets the job when it comes to practicalities in a vehicle. To begin with, this mid-size sedan has plenty of room; its packed with lots of safety features and the price is definitely right for the amenities that are offered.
If the scary, icy-cold days should return to Nashville, the Passat can get your car all warmed up with its remote start feature. To further speak of hands-free, there’s also the Easy Open trunk that pops open, again hands-free.
The Park Distance Control (Park Pilot), helps park the car with ease, while you control your personal media through the touchscreen navigation, with proximity sensor and voice control.
Underneath the hood the Passat offers other top-notch features such as:
• Electromechanical power steering with variable assistance and active return
• 6-speed automatic transmission with Tiptronic® and Sport mode
• Power-assisted, front vented disc brakes; rear solid disc brakes
• 18” Chattanooga alloy wheels
The amenities continue with Passat’s interior as well. Expect to find this list of features and more:
• A Rear View camera system
• Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC)
• 3-spoke, leather-wrapped, multi-function steering wheel, height-adjustable with telescopic steering column
• Keyless access with push-button start
• 2 remote key fobs with lock, unlock, trunk release, and panic button
Interior ambient lighting, front and rear
• There are heated front and rear seats and 8-way power driver’s seat including power-adjustable lumbar support
The list of amenities offered for the Passat’s interior and exterior are impressive, especially for the price of a mid-size sedan.
THE NUMBERS: MSRP: About $30, 445 – MPG: 25 (City) – 36 (Hwy)