NASHVILLE, TN — Neighborhood Health is hosting two “Back to School Health Days” on Saturday, July 9, and Saturday July 30, from 8 am to 4 pm at its East Side Center (905 Main Street, Nashville). Immunizations, physicals and dental screenings will be avail- able along with games, prizes and face painting.
Back to School Health Day will provide a convenient single stop for the immunizations, physicals and dental screenings students may need before the start of school. Metropolitan Nashville Public Schools head back to class on August 3.
• Students under age 18 (no residency restriction)
• No charge for students insured by TennCare or Cover Kids
• Immunizations provided at no charge to uninsured students
• Dental screenings provided at no charge to all
• Low cost for uninsured students for physicals
• Private insurance cannot be accepted for the immunizations
“It is vitally important that children get the care they need before starting school,” urged Mary Bufwack, CEO of Neighborhood Health. “A proper exam can uncover potential issues that could interfere with learning.”
Additionally, immunizations and physicals are available Monday-Friday 8:30 am-4:30 pm, now until the start of school, at three lo- cations:
• Cleveland Park, 1223 Dickerson Pike, Nashville 37207
• East Side, 905 Main Street, Nashville 37206
• Napier Place, 107 Charles E. Davis Boulevard, Nashville 37210
Appointments are encouraged and will be served first, though walk-ins are also welcome. Appointments can be made by calling 615-227-3000.