NASHVILLE, TN — Vanderbilt University Board of Trust Chairman Bruce Evans announced Friday he has appointed a search committee related to the effort to replace soon-to-depart Chancellor Nick Zeppos.
The future chancellor will be VU’s ninth to serve with the title.
Zeppos recently announced his plans to step down as chancellor, effective Aug. 15, following 11 years of service in the role. The board has named Provost and Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs Susan Wente to serve as interim chancellor.
According to a release, the search committee comprises current and emerita members of the board of trust.
“As trustees, we each believe it is an honor, and also our duty, to fulfill our responsibilities to this great university by identifying candidates with the vision, experience and leadership talent to continue to propel Vanderbilt’s success,” Evans said in the release. “We are committed to working with the Vanderbilt community and devoting the time and effort necessary to identify an outstanding chancellor who will carry our mission forward.”
One of the chancellor search committee’s first tasks will be appointing a chancellor search advisory committee of faculty, staff, students and alumni.
Evans, who is senior advisor with Boston-based Summit Partners, will serve as the search committee chair.
The other VU Chancellor Search Committee members are as follows:
• Adolpho Birch III, the VU Board of Trust’s secretary and senior vice president of labor policy for the National Football League
• Shirley Collado, president of Ithaca College
• Martha Ingram, former board of trust chairman
• Steven Madden Sr., CEO of Apex Heritage Group, a family office fund in Houston
• Mark Mays, CEO Rocking M Capital/Mays Family Enterprises
• Courtney Pastrick, board chair of the A. James & Alice B. Clark Foundation
• Nora Tyson, a retired vice admiral in the U.S. Navy
• Jeffrey Rothschild, a board of trust’s vice chairman and a former VP of infrastructure engineering at Facebook
• Jon Winkelried, another board of trust vice chairman and co-CEO of private investment firm TPG Holdings/TPG Capital LP