When you look through any magazine one commonality is that its filled with toothy smiles that are all pearly white and perfect shaped teeth. You see tooth paste commercial with actors smiling showing off their white, bright teeth too. We must remember that its normal for your teeth to show signs of age. When you consider all the wear and tear teeth take from chewing three meals per day and drinking all the dark staining drinks we take in during the day, it shouldn’t be a surprise that your pearly whites lose their luster. But with a bit of basic care, and perhaps some professional help, you can recapture that youthful, healthy smile.
Back to the Basics
You’ve heard it a thousand times, but it’s essential that we remind you again: Brush, Brush, Brush and Floss!
• Use the 2 Minute Rule: Brush your teeth for at least two minutes, twice a day. Brushing removes the plaque, which builds up on the surfaces of your teeth. When you don’t remove the plaque, it can lead to gingivitis.
• Consistently Change Toothbrushes: The average lifespan for a toothbrush is around 3 months. After 3 months, the bristles weaken and bacteria builds on the brush.
• Apply Proper Brushing Technique: Remember to brush your teeth in circular motions. Do not scrub your teeth from right to left like you are scrubbing the floor. Scrubbing motion can cause bleeding and gum damage.
• Use Dental Floss: Floss at least once a day. Flossing gets in between the teeth where a toothbrush can’t reach.
• Clean Your Tongue: Either use a toothbrush or tongue scraper to remove bacteria from the tongue. This will help to keep breath fresh and the mouth healthy.
You don’t need perfect teeth to have a healthy smile. With these tips along with regular visits to the dentist, you can easily have a beautiful, healthy smile. The more you smile the better you feel!
I hope this Tooth Talk has helped and call Integrity Dental Care, PLLC (615) 445-8700 or email email@example.com with any questions you may have.