Keeping your family’s teeth healthy is very important to help them be able to chew and enjoy their food, avoid toothaches and discomfort, and keep their smiles sparkling. There are simple steps to help keep your teeth strong from childhood to your later years as an adult.
Ways to Keep Your Teeth Healthy:
• Start Your Children Early with brushing their teeth. As soon as your child’s first tooth comes in start by wiping and cleaning the inside of their mouth with a soft wet cloth or a soft toothbrush.
• Seal Off Teeth with a protective coating known as a Sealant. Your dentist can apply this to 1st molars of children and I recommend adults to have sealants placed as well to prevent cavities from forming in the deep grooves of molars and premolar teeth.
• Use a Fluoride Toothpaste which will help to strengthen the enamel making your teeth more resistant to decay.
• Brush Twice a Day and Floss Daily helps to remove the plaque and bacteria from your teeth as well as from in between your teeth and gums.
• Drink Plenty of Water helps to flush your teeth clean and discourages tooth decay.
• Get Dental Treatment in a timely manner because dental problems never correct themselves on their own.
Going to the dentist is very important to keeping your family’s teeth healthy. Routine checkups every six months help to promote good oral health as well as, screen for health conditions such as oral cancer and high blood pressure.