NASHVILLE, TN — In celebration of National Women’s Health Week (May 14-20, 2017), the Center for Women’s Health Research at Meharry Medical College is providing free mammograms on May 19th from 10 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Where to go for free mammograms?
Meharry Medical College, 1005 Dr. D.B. Todd Jr Blvd. Nashville, Tennessee 37208-3599
Free Parking – Park in the multi-story garage across from the Emergency/Main Entrance for Metro General Hospital on Albion Street. Please bring your parking ticket so that we can have it validated.
Location of the center
Old Hospital Building – 5th Floor – Room #5131
• Enter through the main entrance of the hospital. Go past the receptionist’s desk, past Breast Mammography and X-Ray on the first floor. Use the bay of elevators on the right, just beyond the pharmacy.
• Go to the fifth floor, exit the elevators, turning right.
• Continue straight down the long hallway. The reception area for the Center for Women’s Health Research will be through double doors on your left.
Who is eligible?
Women of all ethnicities fitting the basic screening criteria below. We welcome individuals without current insurance coverage.
Who should receive a mammogram?
• Women ages 40 to 44 should have the choice to start annual breast cancer screening with mammograms (x-rays of the breast) if they wish to do so.
• Women age 45 to 54 should get mammograms every year.
• Women 55 and older should switch to mammograms every 2 years, or can continue yearly screening.
• Screening should continue as long as a woman is in good health and is expected to live 10 more years or longer.
When will I get the results?
Each patient will receive a summary of the mammography report written in lay terms within 30 days of the mammographic examination. If assessments are “Suspicious” or “Highly suggestive of malignancy,” the facility shall make reasonable attempts to ensure that the results are communicated to the patient as soon as possible.
How do I get additional information?
Call the Center for Women’s Health Research at Meharry at 615.327.6531 or email [email protected] for more information.