NASHVILLE, Tenn. ( July 5, 2017) – In an effort to better serve families, Metro Nashville Public Schools will offer enrollment services at two locations on Saturdays throughout July starting July 8. In the past, the Metro Schools has hosted a one-time enrollment fair in July. Based on feedback and data on past events, Metro Schools has adapted its strategy to offer consistent weekend availability to better accommodate families outside of the work week. Families can enroll, withdraw or transfer at both locations. In addition, the Office of English Learners will have staff at both locations on these Saturdays to provide English Learner assessments for students whose first language is not English.
Summer locations and hours include the following:
Metro Schools Central Office (Families should use the Family Information Center entrance on Berry Road)
2601 Bransford Ave.
Nashville, TN 37204
Enrollment Center at the Global Mall
5252 Hickory Hollow Pkwy, Suite 257/258
Antioch, TN 37013
Both open from 8 a.m. – noon.
What is an enrollment center?
In order to register a child for school at a MNPS elementary, middle or high school, families must visit an enrollment center in person. At Metro Schools we do our best to make registering for school as simple as possible. Regardless of grade level, registration for MNPS will require eight basic documents.
What you need to register for MNPS
· Record of Birth (birth certificate, passport, visa, I-94, etc.)
· Immunization/Vaccination Record (on a Tennessee Certificate of Immunization Form) Before families schedule their child’s pre-school-year doctor’s appointment, it is important to double check the immunizations requirements of the child’s school. This is especially important for incoming seventh graders and kindergartners. Shots will NOT be administered at the enrollment centers.
· Photo identification from the parent or guardian (driver’s license, passport, military ID, etc.)
· Proof of Residency (lease, utility bill, etc.)
· Recent Transcript/Report Card (optional)
Learn more https://www.mnps.org/register-