I believe America, as a nation, is at an inflection point. If we do not soon find a way to identify a set of unifying principles that that will heal our great divisions, America, as we know it, will no longer exist. Below, I have delineated why I believe this:
- Fear of the “other,” of others who don’t look like we do or have our same lived
- Lack of accepted truth. Truth is left up to one’s interpretation/predilection. Acceptance
of so called “alternative facts.”
- Our leaders’ fear of being attacked on social media, which mutes them from telling the
- Tribalism: If you don’t believe EVERYTHING I believe, there is no room for you in my
- Lack of willingness to compromise for the greater societal good.
- An inability, at the most fundamental level, to resolve conflict.
- Our acceptance of a guns at all costs culture.
- A lack of principled leadership by national, state, and local leaders.
- Our leaders being held hostage by various lobbying groups that support them with
money for their campaigns.
- The politicization of the church that is contributing to a lack of moral leadership.
I sincerely hope that I am wrong and am open to opinions/feedback that challenge my
Charles I. Story, President, ECS Group, Inc. (firstname.lastname@example.org)